About Burlington Quilters' Guild
To promote the knowledge of and interest in quilting.
To share our love of quilting in a nurturing atmosphere.
The Burlington Quilters' Guild meets on the second Thursday of the month, from September thru May.
The doors open at 6:30pm and meetings begin at 7:00pm. Guests are always welcome at our meetings for a nominal fee.
Burlington Senior Center
61 Center Street
- Annual Quilt Show and Boutique
- Block of the Month
- Charity quilts and teddy bears
- Fat Quarter Raffle
- Featured Speakers
- Monthly Table Raffle
- Mystery Ride
- Nine Monthly Meetings
- Raffle quilt
- Show and Tell
- Special Service Projects
- Valentine Special
For general information email@example.com
For membership information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings/Programs for 2014-2015:
- 09/11/14 September BQG meeting - Show & Tell
- Vendor: Mary Rose's Quilts & Treasures Reading, MA
- 10/9/14 Speaker: Alison Dea Bolt
- Vendor: Market Place Quilts- Salem
- 11/13/2014 Speaker: Pam Weeks
- Vendor: The Christmas Shoppe; Richmond, NH
- 12/11/2014 Holiday Social
- 1/8/2015 Comfort Quilt Workshop
- 2/12/2015 Speaker: Nancy Wasserman
- Vendor: Quilters Common
- 3/12/2015 Speaker & Vendor: Fabritique
- 4/9/2015 Speaker: Bonnie Dwyer
- Vendor: TBD
- 5/14/2015 Ice Cream Social. Auction with Sue Pedenson
- Vendor: Sew-Together Quilt Shop, Tewksbury, MA
- 06/12/14 Sit 'n Sew Nite
BQG started in 1982 with 5 ladies who lived in Burlington. The group had 50 members by 1984 and met at Ethan Allen (Furniture Store) in Burlington where our quilt show was held and the quilts were displayed on beds, chairs and tables. We also had a members boutique downstairs in our meeting room. The guild continued to grow and by 1990 we had 75 members. In September 1992 we moved to the Burlington Senior Center for our meetings where we continue to meet today and membership increased to 100. In 1996 the membership was 146 and we had our quilt show at the National Heritage Museum in Lexington where the quilts were now hung on quilt racks. Membership was 150 by 1996. In 2008 the quilt show was held at Middlesex Community College and is our current venue. We have speakers from all over New England and have also enjoyed many workshops over the years. We have annual comfort quilt workshops and donate to many organizations.
Annual Quilt Show & Boutique
Middlesex Community College Campus Center
591 Springs Rd
Bedford, MA 01730
Dates & Hours
Saturday October 25, 2014
Sunday October 26, 2014
10:00 - 4:00
- Charity quilts
- Quilts, quilts and more quilts on display!
- Raffle baskets
- Raffle quilt
- Scavenger hunt with prizes
- Teddy bears
- A wonderful collection of boutique items
From 128 North: Take Exit 31B (Rts 4/225) into Bedford. Follow Great Road until you pass Bedford Shopping Center on right (Marshalls/Whole Foods). Take first right past shopping center onto Hillside Avenue (becomes Springs Rd). Pass through VA Hospital grounds for about a mile. MCC entrance on right.
From 128 South: Take Rt 3N to Exit 27 (Bedford/Concord Rd, Billerica). Follow to first flashing light, take left into Nortel Networks Technology Park. Follow to end and turn right (Orchard St.) Entrance to MCC on left.
Quilt show contact:
This site has been visited times
Site designed and maintained by Attic Windows Web Design